The SPIE Digital Library and the SPIE Newsroom are two great sources for photonics research. Using the most recent data available, here is a selection of the most frequently downloaded papers on the Digital Library and the most read articles on the Newsroom.
SPIE Newsroom May 2008
1. "Seeing the Light Through the Eyes of an Entrepreneur," by David A. Benaron.
2. "Biopolymer materials show promise for electronics and photonics applications," by James Grote.
3. "Electrically controlled surface plasmon dispersion in hole arrays," by Wayne Dickson.
4. "Laser dazzling of infrared focal plane array cameras," by Ric Schleijpen.
5. "Light-emitting diode design allows precise control of colors and intensity," by Yoichi Kawakami and Mitsuru Funato.
6. "Making highly efficient white light-emitting diodes," by Sven Murano, Jan Birnstock, Martin Vehse, Tobias Canzler, and Gufeng He.
7. "Advanced photonic tools for hyperspectral imaging in the life sciences," by Alex Fong, Bob Bronson, and Elliot Wachman.
8. "A next-generation system enables persistent surveillance of wide areas," by Brian Leininger.
9. "Developing the next generation of passive infrared security sensors," by Kevin Liddiard.
10. "A universal approach for high-performance displays," by Chung-Chih Wu.
SPIE Digital Library March/April 2008
1. "In vivo confocal and multiphoton microendoscopy," Pilhan Kim, Mehron Puoris'haag, Daniel Côté, Charles P. Lin, and Seok H. Yun, J. Biomed. Opt. 13, 010501 (2008).
2. "Radial distortion in low-cost lenses: numerical study," Alex Chtchetinine, Opt. Eng. 47, 023001 (2008).
3. "Interactions of double patterning technology with wafer processing, OPC and design flows," Kevin Lucas, Chris Cork, Alex Miloslavsky, Gerry Luk-Pat, Levi Barnes, John Hapli, John Lewellen, Greg Rollins, Vincent Wiaux, and Staf Verhaegen, Proc. SPIE 6924, 692403 (2008).
4. "Four-mirror anastigmats with useful first-order layouts and minimum complexity," Andrew Rakich, Proc. SPIE 5524, 101 (2004).
5. "Double patterning combined with shrink technique to extend ArF lithography for contact holes to 22nm node and beyond," Xiangqun Miao, Lior Huli, Hao Chen, Xumou Xu, Hyungje Woo, Chris Bencher, Jen Shu, Chris Ngai, and Christopher Borst, Proc. SPIE 6924, 69240A (2008).
6. "Development of a technology for joining glass-ceramics parts with zero thermal expansion," Volodymyr Maslov, Opt. Eng. 47, 023401 (2008).
7. "Toward 3nm overlay and critical dimension uniformity: an integrated error budget for double patterning lithography," William H. Arnold, Proc. SPIE 6924, 692404 (2008).
8. "DfM, the teenage years," Lars Liebmann, Proc. SPIE 6925, 692502 (2008).
9. "Optimization of extreme ultraviolet mirror systems comprising high-order aspheric surfaces," Oana Marinescu and Florian Bociort, Opt. Eng. 47, 033004 (2008).
10. "A litho-only approach to double patterning," A. Vanleenhove and D. Van Steenwinckel, Proc. SPIE 6520, 65202F (2007).