SPIE provides this service to facilitate communication related to scientific and engineering research, design, application, and related endeavors in the general field of optics and photonics. By using the commenting feature, users agree to the following:
1. SPIE reserves the right to remove, or edit noncompliant sections of, any comment that violates the terms outlined below, or is otherwise judged to be inappropriate.
2. SPIE commenting is not to be used for any commercial product or service advertising, or employment-related activities, including the posting of position openings, positions wanted, resumes, and similar materials. SPIE moderators will remove all such materials immediately.
3. You are liable for any and all damages that may result from information posted by you, and you agree not to do any of the following actions while using the commenting feature:
a. harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon any individual or entity;
b. post any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, prejudicial, or otherwise objectionable;
c. violate any local, state, or federal, or international copyright or law.
4. Comments must be relevant to the article or discussion topic, be no longer than 300 words, include links only to other web pages that are related to the topic under discussion, and be succinct and written in reasonably clear English.
5. Comments will be displayed and archived with the referenced article. However, SPIE reserves the right to remove comments at any time at its discretion, without notice to the poster.