EV Group (EVG) introduces the HERCULES® NIL -- a fully integrated track system that combines cleaning, resist coating and baking pre-processing steps with EVG's proprietary SmartNILTM large-area nanoimprint lithography (NIL) process in a single platform.
The HERCULES NIL provides a complete, dedicated UV-NIL solution that is ideally suited for high-volume manufacturing (HVM) of emerging photonic devices. It does so by imprinting structures in sizes ranging from tens of nanometers up to several micrometers that alter or improve the optical response of surfaces and devices, such as anti-reflective layers, color and polarizer filters, light guiding plates, patterned sapphire substrates used in manufacturing light emitting diodes (LEDs), and many others. Other rapidly emerging applications for NIL include MEMS, NEMS, biological and nano-electronic applications.
The HERCULES NIL combines EVG's extensive expertise in NIL, resist processing and HVM solutions into a single integrated system that offers unmatched throughput (40 wph for 200-mm wafers). The system is built on a highly configurable and modular platform that accommodates a variety of imprint materials and structure sizes-giving customers greater flexibility in addressing their manufacturing needs. The fully integrated approach also minimizes the risk of particle contamination.
Key product attributes include:
- Fully automated UV-NIL imprinting and low-force detachment
- Processing substrates up to 200 mm in diameter
- Full-area imprint coverage, which avoids pattern stitching errors associated with step-and-repeat lithography systems due to limited field size
- Volume manufacturing of structures down to 40 nm and smaller
- Highest coating uniformity of +/- 1 percent, which results in minimal residual layer thickness and variation for processed structures over the entire wafer
- Supports a wide range of structure sizes and shapes, including 3-D
- Can be used on high-topography (rough) surfaces
- Ability to fabricate multiple-use soft stamps to extend the lifetime of master imprint templates