Ross Optical Industries will exhibit its expanded line of plano-concave micro lenses at the SPIE Photonics West conference, 10-12 February, 2015 in San Francisco. The new line boasts catalog and custom micro optics down to 1.0 mm in diameter.
The growing use of compact, portable and disposable optical devices challenges suppliers to maintain quality and performance while cutting size, weight and cost. Micro optic components from Ross Optical allow shorter focal lengths in compact medical devices, hand-held communication devices, optical fiber transmission systems, instruments and sensors for mechanical and automotive systems, and sensing systems for visualization and gaming devices.
Ross Optical offers a range of other micro optic lenses at diameters below 5 mm:
- Bi-convex and plano-convex lenses, designed for forming and shaping light beams
- Achromat lenses, precision-fabricated to reduce chromatic aberration
- Ball lenses, used in many types of coupling devices
- Prisms, shaped to redirect and repurpose light energy
- Aspheres, shaped to condition light with reduced spacing and parts count