Renewable Energy Education
Journal of Photonics for Energy seeks best teaching tools.
The Journal of Photonics for Energy is celebrating the International Year of Light and Light-based Technologies (IYL) with a special section on “Education and Training in Light for Energy.”
This special section will cover new developments and innovations to teaching in the fields of photonics and optics as applied to renewable energy. It will center on novel research and state-of-the-art tools in education and training in optics and photonics for renewable and sustainable energy that will serve the next generation of scientists and engineers worldwide, particularly in the developing countries.
This call for papers is open to all interested applicants who have original and not yet published scientific work in the broad area of education and training in light for energy.
Topics of interest will include but are not limited to the following:
- Educational tools in photonics for energy
- Digital technologies in education (software, computer-assisted learning)
- 3D virtual reality in optics and photonics for renewable energy
- Multi- and interdisciplinary education and training
- International cooperation and development in education and training
- Curriculum courses and laboratory development
- Industry-needs driven curriculum development
- Training and continuing education in photonics for energy
- Metrics and evaluation of education and training
SPIE Fellow Zakya H. Kafafi (right) of Lehigh University (USA) is guest editor for “Education and Training in Light for Energy.” Joanna M. Millunchick (far right) of University of Michigan (USA) is associate guest editor. Manuscripts are due 1 February 2015.
The International Year of Light 2015 recognizes the importance of raising global awareness of how light-based technologies promote sustainable development and provide solutions to global challenges in energy, education, agriculture, and health. SPIE is a founding partner of the International Year of Light.
- Have a question or comment about this article? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To receive a print copy of SPIE Professional, the SPIE member magazine, become an SPIE member.