Michelle Stock - Chair and Board Member
Mi-Light serves as the focal point for the photonics industry in Michigan by bringing together professionals from companies, academia and organizations to mutually support and promote photonics-related business.
Mi-Light’s mission is to promote and grow our internationally-recognized talent pool and leverage our strong industrial and academic capabilities in order to expand the industry, attract funding and stimulate innovation in Michigan.
• Provide support for employee attraction / retention
• Provide for networking
• Provide mechanism for Strategic Partnering
• Develop initiatives to provide educational opportunities
• Represent the interests of the Michigan Photonics Industry
• Market the Michigan Photonics Industry internationally
Photonics is the science of generating, controlling, and detecting photons, particularly in the visible and near infra-red spectrum, but also extending to the ultraviolet, long-wave infrared, and far-infrared / THz portion of the spectrum. Photonics includes the emission, transmission, amplification, detection, modulation, and switching of light, as well as light-energy conversion, i.e. Photovoltaics.