Alastair Wilson, Cluster Leader
Electronics, Sensors, Photonics Knowledge Transfer Network
7 St Leonard's Road
Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 6EH, UK
Tel: +4407834 622 522
Electronics, Sensors, Photonics ... plastic electronics, embedded systems, displays, lighting, instrumentation, control systems ... it's all here. ESP KTN groups all these underpinning technologies together and more, to make a single entity focused on knowledge sharing for growth. We support our technology communities: and we reach out to bring together people that wouldn't usually meet, because sometimes the people you need to reach are not other technical people.
We have six organising themes:
- Quality of Life Technologies - Technology is enabling new capabilities in everything from medical diagnostics and treatment to new food processing techniques. Where are the key opportunities for UK companies, and what are the barriers to be overcome?
- Secure World - Defence and security of course: but also more subtle aspects such as access to water, food and other resources.
- Smart Moves - Moving goods and people around is energy and time intensive: what can we do to improve this? Reducing the need for transport is one thing; another is to improve the efficiency of the transport that we have.
- Connected World - The world is heading towards an ‘internet of things': how can UK innovations make an impact, and how can UK PLC secure its place in this new paradigm?
- Electricity for the Future - Electricity is our favourite form of energy: how can we generate it from renewable sources and how can we make our devices use less of it?
- Knowledge Base Support - The journey from idea to product is a pipeline: we need to keep the creative end of the pipeline fruitful or it will run dry.