Have you experienced problems receiving our email newsletters or e-alerts?
If so, it may have been mistakenly filtered out of your inbox. It may be because your IT department or your Internet service provider (ISP) is blocking the email, mistaking it for spam.
To ensure that you receive newsletters, event related messages and updates, or special offers from SPIE.org, please contact your IT department or ISP and ask them to put us on your "whitelist", "safe" or permitted email sender list.
What is a "Whitelist" or "Safe Senders List"?
Adding our sending domain (reply.spie.org) to your list of accepted email senders (often referred to as a "whitelist", "safe list", or "list of privileged senders") will ensure that you receive your newsletter(s) or other SPIE communications.
How to add SPIE.org to your "Safe Senders" or "Whitelist"
There are a number of different spam programs on the market, and email clients or services such as MS Outlook, AOL, Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail each have specific instructions (see below) for adding senders to your whitelist. While we have included instructions for some of the more popular email clients below, About.com maintains a comprehensive set of instructions online: Make sure updates and newsletters you subscribed to make it to your Inbox.
- Select Actions | Junk E-mail | Junk E-mail Options... from the menu in Outlook.
- Go to the Safe Senders tab.
- Click Add....
- Type "reply.spie.org".
- Click "OK".
- Click "OK" again.
- Login to your Hotmail or MSN Mail account.
- Click on "Options."
- Click "Junk Mail Protection".
- Click on "Safe List."
- In the box provided type in "reply.spie.org".
- Click the "Add" button.
- When you see the address you entered in the Safe List box, click on the "OK" button.
If you see an email from SPIE in your Junk Mail folder, click "This is not Junk Mail" to avoid having SPIE e-mail sent to the Junk Mail folder in the future.
- Login to your Gmail account, just like you would to check your email.
- At the top RIGHT SIDE, click the link that says SETTINGS.
- At the top of the screen that says MAIL SETTINGS, click the link that says FILTERS (second from left).
- On the FILTERS screen, click the tab that says Create a New Filter tab.
- In the FROM field on the CREATE A FILTER screen, type reply.spie.org and change NO other settings on this screen.
- Click the button that says NEXT STEP.
- Check the box that says STAR IT.
- Click the button that says CREATE FILTER.
To create a filter that sends email from SPIE straight to your Inbox:
- Login to Yahoo! Mail.
- Click on "Mail Options" (on the right hand side of your screen).
- Click on "Filters" (on left hand side of screen)
- Click "Add" button.
- Assign a name for this filter: "SPIE Email", for example.
- Underneath the heading "if all of the following rules are true..." go to the top row labeled "FROM header." Next to this you will see a drop down menu. Make sure to select "contains", then simply type in "@reply.spie.org" into the box provided.
- At the bottom, where it says "Move the message to:", select "Inbox" from the drop-down menu.
- Click the "Add Filter" button at the bottom to add this filter.