Inform SPIE of your audiovisual needs at least one month in advance of the meeting. Special requests must be indicated at the time you submit your course description or we cannot guarantee equipment availability.
Please note that internet access is usually not available in course rooms. If you have any questions, please contact Laura Sharik, Course Coordinator Lead (email@example.com).
Standard setup includes:
- LCD projector (connects to your laptop to display your PowerPoint or PDF presentation)
- Projection screen
Available standard equipment includes:
- Flip chart (includes markers)
- External speakers (for audio playback)
- Lavalier (lapel) microphone
- Laser or wooden pointer
Available non-standard equipment includes:
- PC laptop
- Multiple pieces of standard equipment (i.e. two projectors, two screens, etc.)
- Extra table(s) - typically for demonstration equipment
- Multiple outlets (for demonstration equipment or student laptops)
- Overhead projector
- 35mm slide projector
- VHS (or European PAL version) video player and monitor
Demonstration and/or Hands-On Equipment
If your course features demonstration equipment or a hands-on component, please let us know as early in the process as possible.