Going Pro - Marketing Essentials for Sustainable Business (WS1093)Course Level: Intermediate
This course is about long term business success. Going Pro is about establishing the processes and systems that ensure profitable, sustainable growth for best-in-class tech companies. It’s also about attracting the right customers for the right reasons and continuously and quickly responding to changes in customers’ needs and wants. For many in our industry, sales and marketing are homegrown. Industry demand may have driven your sales through the roof, but this also causes concerns about predictability and revenue mix. A primary goal of this course is to engineer a product development strategy and marketing process that is effective, modern, consistent, and measurable, and that will allow you to compete against the larger players in your industry. Examples are taken from optics, imaging and instrument companies ranging from $1M to $150M in revenue which are experiencing year-over-year growth upwards of 100%. Anyone who wants to answer questions such as, “how do I attract the right customers?” and “how do I know what I’m doing is working?” will benefit from taking this course.
This course will enable you to:
- identify the elements of an effective marketing mix for optics and imaging companies
- name the key metrics to use to assess the effectiveness of your marketing activities
- learn best practices for engaging prospective high-tech customers
- distinguish the effectiveness of your value proposition (your company's differentiator or unique promise to the market)
- explain the connection between a clear value proposition and your optimum marketing strategy
- develop an action plan (marketing roadmap) for reaching new customers
CEOs, Sales and Marketing professionals, and others with responsibility for ensuring a healthy pipeline. No marketing expertise or background is assumed.
Michele Nicholshelps optics and technology companies grow profits. As President of PLS Launch Solutions, a 25-year old company that works with companies like Corning, Sydor Optics, Optimax and ASE Optics, Michele leads a team of marketing and IP development professionals who help bring cool technologies to market, from ballistics imaging systems to instrumentation for conformal optics metrology.