1. By submitting an abstract, I agree to the following conditions:
- An author or coauthor (including keynote, invited, and solicited speakers) will register at the reduced author registration rate, attend the meeting, and make the presentation as scheduled (Current SPIE Members receive an additional discount on the registration fee)
- Authors and coauthors attending the meeting will obtain funding for their registration fees, travel, and accommodations, independent of SPIE, through their sponsoring organizations before submitting abstracts
- All clearances, including government and company clearance, have been obtained to present and publish. If you are a DoD contractor, allow at least 60 days for clearance
- SPIE is authorized to circulate your abstract to conference committee members for review and selection purposes
- Accepted abstracts may be published in printed and web programs promoting the conference
2. Prepare to submit:
- Have all contact information (full names, affiliations, addresses, phone numbers, and emails) for your coauthors ready
- Only original material should be submitted
- Abstracts should be 250-word text only, and contain enough detail to clearly convey the approach and the results of the research
- Please also note that there is an additional abstract box for a 100-word abstract that is suitable for early release. If accepted, this abstract text will be published prior to the meeting in online or printed programs promoting the conference
- Commercial papers, papers with no new research/development content, and papers where supporting data or a technical description cannot be given for proprietary reasons will not be accepted for presentation in this conference.
3. From the Call for Papers description, click "Submit an Abstract".
- Once you click "submit an abstract", you will be prompted to sign in to the MySPIE system. If you have a MySPIE account, sign in using your username and password. First-time users of MySPIE can create a new account by clicking on the "create new account link".
Review, Notification, Program Placement
- To ensure a high-quality conference, all abstracts will be reviewed by the Conference Chair/Editor for technical merit and suitability of content. Conference Chair/Editors may require revision before approving publication, and reserve the right to reject for presentation or publication any paper that does not meet content or presentation expectations. SPIE's decision on whether to accept a presentation or publish a manuscript is final.
- The contact author will be notified of abstract acceptance by e-mail no later than 27 July 2015. Final placement in an oral or poster session is subject to the Chairs' discretion. Instructions for oral and poster presentations will be sent to you by e-mail.