Congratulations on being accepted as a poster presenter at Photonics West. The poster session maximizes your opportunity to interact with Symposium participants. This year's event includes an outstanding selection of presenters and we look forward to your participation.
Poster Session Schedules
To find out which poster session you are scheduled for, check the individual conference after the program is published online (BiOS, LASE, OPTO).
Poster Sessions (Location: Moscone West Levels 2 and 3):
- Sunday 5:30-7:30 PM: select BiOS conferences
- Monday 5:30-7:30 PM: select BiOS conferences
- Tuesday 6:00-8:00 PM: all LASE conferences and select BiOS conferences
- Wednesday 6:00-8:00 PM: all OPTO conferences (including MOEMS-MEMS)
Poster Setup Instructions
- Set up your poster from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm on the day of your assigned presentation.
- Paper numbers will be placed on the poster boards in numerical order; please find your paper number and put up your poster in the designated space.
- A poster author is required to stand by the poster during the scheduled poster session to answer questions from attendees.
- Presenters who have not placed their poster(s) on their assigned board by 60 minutes prior to the session on the day of their presentation will be considered a "no show" and their manuscript will not be published.
- Presenters must remove their posters immediately after the poster session. Any posters that are not removed will be considered unwanted and will be discarded. SPIE assumes no responsibility for posters left up after the end of each poster session.
- 45 inches x 45 inches (114 cm x 114 cm). Push pins will be provided to hang your poster.
- Download poster template (3 size options): 36 x 44 inches, 40 x 44 inches, 44 x 44 inches - NEW (optional)
- Poster presentations are hard-copy (paper/poster) format only.
- Posters must fit within the designated display area.
- The most successful and attractive posters are graphically produced posters that highlight and summarize the main points, with the poster presenter filling in the details.
- The entire poster layout should be readable from six to ten feet away.
- The least effective poster format is a photocopy of the manuscript.
Your Poster Presentation Should Include:
- The paper title and all authors at the top of the poster
- A brief introduction, goals, experimental detail, conclusions, and references (make sure this information is presented in a logical and clear sequence)
- Explanations for graphs, pictures, and tables.
Font Sizes (suggested minimum)
- Title: 36 point type
- List of authors: 25 point type
- Double-spaced text: 15 point type
- The entire poster layout should be readable from six to ten feet away
- Be careful in your use of colors, some people are red-green color blind and some colors do not stand out in contrast to others.
QR Codes (optional)
- Adding a QR code to your poster allows you to add a 3D barcode readable by smartphones
- The barcode can be designed to link the person viewing your poster to a related video, your website, or your contact information
- Please use the following link to assist you with best practices and where you can begin: