By submitting an abstract, I agree to the following conditions:
An author or coauthor (including keynote, invited, oral, and poster presenters) will:
- Register at the reduced author registration rate (current SPIE Members receive an additional discount on the registration fee).
- Attend the meeting.
- Make the presentation as scheduled in the program.
- Submit a manuscript (6 pages minimum; 20 pages maximum) for publication in the and Proceedings of SPIE in the SPIE Digital Library .
- Obtain funding for their registration fees, travel, and accommodations, independent of SPIE, through their sponsoring organizations.
- Ensure that all clearances, including government and company clearance, have been obtained to present and publish. If you are a DoD contractor in the USA, allow at least 60 days for clearance.
Submit an abstract online:
- If you have already chosen a conference to submit to, return to the previous page and click the "Submit an abstract" link.
- If you haven't yet chosen a conference to submit to, browse to locate a conference. Once you choose a conference, click "submit an abstract" from the conference call for papers.
- Please submit a 500-word text abstract for technical review purposes that is suitable for publication. SPIE is authorized to circulate your abstract to conference committee members for review and selection purposes.
- Please also submit a 300-word text summary suitable for early release. If accepted, this summary text will be published prior to the meeting in the online or printed programs promoting the conference.
- To provide the research community with enhanced access to information presented at SPIE conferences, SPIE will record the audio plus screen content of oral presentations and, with author permission only, will publish the recordings on the SPIE Digital Library. When submitting an abstract, you will be asked to respond to the permission request.
- Only original material should be submitted.
- Abstracts should contain enough detail to clearly convey the approach and the results of the research.
- Commercial papers, papers with no new research/development content, and papers where supporting data or a technical description cannot be given for proprietary reasons will not be accepted for presentation in this conference.
- Please do not submit the same, or similar, abstracts to multiple conferences.
Review, Notification, and Program Placement Information
- To ensure a high-quality conference, all submissions will be assessed by the Conference Chair/Editor for technical merit and suitability of content.
- Conference Chair/Editors reserve the right to reject for presentation any paper that does not meet content or presentation expectations.
- The contact author will receive notification of acceptance and presentation details by e-mail no later than 15 January 2016.
- Final placement in an oral or poster session is subject to the Chairs' discretion.
Proceedings of SPIE and SPIE Digital Library Information
- Manuscript instructions are available at http://spie.org/manuscripts
- Authors are expected to submit a manuscript (6 pages minimum) for publication in the Proceedings of SPIE in the SPIE Digital Library.
- Only papers presented at the conference and received according to publication guidelines and timelines will be published.
- Authors must be authorized to transfer copyright of the manuscript to SPIE, or provide a suitable publication license.
- Conference Chair/Editors may require manuscript revision before approving publication and reserve the right to reject for publication any paper that does not meet acceptable standards for a scientific publication.
- Conference Chair/Editors' decisions on whether to allow publication of a manuscript is final.
- SPIE partners with relevant scientific databases to enable researchers to find the papers in the Proceedings of SPIE easily. The databases that abstract and index these papers include Astrophysical Data System (ADS), Chemical Abstracts (relevant content), Ei Compendex, CrossRef, Current Contents, DeepDyve, Google Scholar, Inspec, Portico, Scopus, SPIN, and Web of Science Conference Proceedings Citation Index.