Abstract Submission Guidelines
1. By submitting an abstract, I agree to the following conditions:
- An author or coauthor (including keynote, invited, and solicited speakers) will register, attend the meeting, and make the presentation as scheduled.
- Authors and coauthors attending the meeting will obtain funding for their registration fees, travel, and accommodations, independent of SPIE, through their sponsoring organizations before submitting abstracts.
- All clearances, including government and company clearance, have been obtained to present and publish. If you are a DoD contractor, allow at least 60 days for clearance.
- Please submit a 250-word text abstract for technical review purposes that is suitable for publication. Accepted abstracts may be published with the printed Technical Program for distribution at the meeting, or be made available as a booklet PDF for download from SPIE or COS's respective websites.
- Please also submit a 100-word text abstract suitable for early release. If accepted, this abstract text will be published prior to the meeting in the online or printed programs promoting the conference.
- A manuscript (6 pages minimum; 20 pages maximum) for any accepted oral or poster presentation will be submitted for publication in the conference Proceedings in the SPIE Digital Library.
2. Prepare to submit:
- Have all contact information (full names, affiliations, addresses, phone numbers, and emails) for your coauthors ready.
- Only original material should be submitted.
- Abstracts should contain enough detail to clearly convey the approach and the results of the research.
- Commercial papers, papers with no new research/development content, and papers where supporting data or a technical description cannot be given for proprietary reasons will not be accepted for presentation in this conference.
3. Submit your abstract online:
- choose a conference to submit to, click the "Submit an abstract" link on that conference's Call for Papers webpage.
- You will be prompted to sign in to the SPIE Submission System. If you have a spie.org account, sign in using your username and password. First-time users of spie.org can create a new account by clicking on the "create new account link." After logging in, follow the submission wizard.
Review, Notification, Program Placement
- To ensure a high-quality conference, all abstracts and Proceedings manuscripts will be reviewed by the Conference Chair/Editor for technical merit and suitability of content. Conference Chair/Editors may require manuscript revision before approving publication of the technical manuscript, and reserve the right to reject for presentation or publication any paper that does not meet content or presentation expectations. SPIE's decision on whether to accept a presentation or publish a manuscript is final.
- The Contact Author will be notified of abstract acceptance and sent manuscript instructions by e-mail no later than 18 July 2016.
- Final placement in an oral or poster session is subject to the Chairs' discretion. Instructions for oral and poster presentations may be found from the "For Authors/Presenters" link.
Information on the Proceedings of SPIE in the SPIE Digital Library
- Technical manuscripts will be Chair/Editor-reviewed and published in the Proceedings of SPIE in the SPIE Digital Library.
- Manuscript instructions will be e-mailed to the Contact Author and are also available from the "For Authors/Presenters" link on the conference website.
- Authors must be authorized to transfer copyright of the manuscript to SPIE, or provide a suitable publication license.
- Only papers presented at the conference and received according to publication guidelines and timelines will be published in the conference Proceedings in the SPIE Digital Library.
- Published papers are indexed in leading scientific databases including Astrophysical Data System (ADS), Chemical Abstracts (relevant content), Compendex, CrossRef, Current Contents, DeepDyve, Google Scholar, Inspec, Portico, Scopus, SPIN, and Web of Science Conference Proceedings Citation Index, and are searchable in the SPIE Digital Library. Technical manuscripts are available to SPIE Digital Library subscribers.
16 May 2016
18 July 2016
12 September 2016
Sign up for event e-alerts