Congratulations on being accepted as a poster presenter at Optics + Photonics. The poster session maximizes your opportunity to interact with Symposium participants. This year's event includes an outstanding selection of presenters and we look forward to your participation.
- 45 inches x 45 inches (114cm x 114cm). Push pins will be provided to hang your poster.
- Download poster template (3 size options): 36 x 44 inches, 40 x 44 inches, 44 x 44 inches - NEW (optional)
- Poster presentations are hard-copy (paper/poster) format only.
- Posters must fit within the designated display area.
- The most successful and attractive posters are graphically produced posters that highlight and summarize the main points, with the poster presenter filling in the details.
- The entire poster layout should be readable from six to ten feet away.
- The least effective poster format is a photocopy of the manuscript.
Your Poster Presentation Should Include:
- The paper title and all authors at the top of the poster
- A brief introduction, goals, experimental detail, conclusions, and references (make sure this information is presented in a logical and clear sequence)
- Explanations for graphs, pictures, and tables.
Font Sizes (suggested minimum)
- Title: 36 point type
- List of authors: 25 point type
- Double-spaced text: 15 point type
- The entire poster layout should be readable from six to ten feet away
- Be careful in your use of colors, some people are red-green color blind and some colors do not stand out in contrast to others.
New: QR Codes (optional)
- SPIE is promoting the idea of QR Codes for authors to incorporate into their posters
- This would allow you to add a 3D barcode readable by smartphones
- The barcode can be designed to link the person viewing your poster to a related video, your website, or your contact information
- Please use the following link to assist you with best practices and where you can begin:
- Poster presenters must set up their posters between 10:00 am and 4:30 pm on the day of their assigned presentation.
- Paper numbers will be posted on the poster boards in numerical order; please find your paper number and post your poster in the designated space.
- Presenters who have not placed their papers on their assigned board by 4:30 pm on the day of their presentation will be considered a "no show" and their manuscript will not be published.
- The presenter is required to stand by the poster during the scheduled poster session to answer questions from attendees
- Presenters must remove their posters immediately after the poster session
- Posters not removed will be considered unwanted and will be discarded
- SPIE assumes no responsibility for posters left up after the end of each poster session.