Apply now for your Visa!
Passport and Visa: Nationals of all Western European countries can visit the Federal Republic of Germany without a visa; US, Canadian, and Australian passport holders can stay up to 90 days without a visa. For additional details and specific visa requirements, please visit the German Foreign Office website or contact the German Embassy in your country.
Letters of Invitation
FOR CONFERENCE CHAIRS, TECHNICAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS, AND AUTHORS: Individuals requiring letters of invitation to obtain travel visas must be listed on a paper or in the program to receive an invitation letter. If you are listed in the conference program, and are in need of an Official Invitation Letter from SPIE for visa application purposes, please fill out and send the Invitation Letter Request Form.
- >Please fill out a separate form for each person requesting a letter.
- Fax completed form to SPIE at 1-360-647-1445 or send electronically to email address on form.
- All letters of invitation will be sent by airmail and by email (as a PDF attachment) unless a courier account number or credit card number with expiration date is provided with the original request.
- Please allow up to 15 business days to process your request.
- SPIE is not able to contact U.S. Embassies in support of an individual attempting to gain entry to attend an SPIE meeting.
NOTE: We recommend that you secure your travel visa before registering for the conference as cancellations after the preregistration cutoff may result in a cancellation fee.
Visa service for the World of Photonics Congress and Optical Metrology speakers
You can request a visa invitation letter for the World of Photonics Congress 2017 online.