Abstract Submission Guidelines
1. By submitting an abstract, I agree to the following conditions:
- An author or coauthor (including keynote, invited, and solicited speakers) will register at the reduced author registration rate, attend the meeting, and make the presentation as scheduled (Current SPIE Members receive an additional discount on the registration fee).
- Authors and coauthors attending the meeting will obtain funding for their registration fees, travel, and accommodations, independent of SPIE, through their sponsoring organizations before submitting abstracts.
- All clearances, including government and company clearance, have been obtained to present and publish. If you are a DoD contractor, allow at least 60 days for clearance.
- Please submit a 500-word text abstract for technical review purposes that is suitable for publication. Accepted abstracts may be published with the printed Technical Program for distribution at the meeting.
- Please also submit a 300-word text abstract suitable for early release. If accepted, this abstract text will be published prior to the meeting in the online or printed programs promoting the conference.
- A manuscript (6 pages minimum; 20 pages maximum) for any accepted oral or poster presentation will be submitted for publication in the Proceedings of SPIE in the SPIE Digital Library.
2. Prepare to submit:
- Have all contact information (full names, affiliations, addresses, phone numbers, and emails) for your coauthors ready.
- To provide the research community with enhanced access to information presented at SPIE conferences, SPIE will record the audio plus screen content of oral presentations and, with author permission only, will publish the recordings on the SPIE Digital Library. When submitting an abstract, you will be asked to respond to the permission request.
- Only original material should be submitted.
- Abstracts should contain enough detail to clearly convey the approach and the results of the research.
- Commercial papers, papers with no new research/development content, and papers where supporting data or a technical description cannot be given for proprietary reasons will not be accepted for presentation in this conference.
- Please do not submit the same, or similar, abstracts to multiple conferences.
3. Submit your abstract online:
- If you have already chosen a conference to submit to, return to the previous page and click the "Submit an abstract" link.
- If you haven't yet chosen a conference to submit to, browse to locate a conference from the link at: http://spie.org/EOM. Once you choose a conference, click "submit an abstract" from the conference call for papers.
- You will be prompted to sign in to the spie.org system and follow the submission wizard. If you have a spie.org account, sign in using your username and password. First-time users of spie.org can create a new account by clicking on the "create new account link".
Review, Notification, Programme Placement
- To ensure a high-quality conference, all abstracts and Proceedings manuscripts will be reviewed by the Conference Chair/Editor for technical merit and suitability of content. Conference Chair/Editors may require manuscript revision before approving publication, and reserve the right to reject for presentation or publication any paper that does not meet content or presentation expectations. SPIE's decision on whether to accept a presentation or publish a manuscript is final.
- The contact author will be notified of abstract acceptance and sent manuscript instructions by e-mail no later than 18 February 2017.
- Final placement in an oral or poster session is subject to the Chairs' discretion. Instructions for oral and poster presentations may be found from the "For Authors/Presenters" link.
Information on the Proceedings of SPIE in the SPIE Digital Library
- Full-manuscripts will be Chair/Editor-reviewed and published in the Proceedings of SPIE in the SPIE Digital Library.
- Manuscript instructions will be e-mailed to the contact author and are also available from the "For Authors/Presenters" link on the conference website.
- Authors must be authorized to transfer copyright of the manuscript to SPIE, or provide a suitable publication license.
- Only papers presented at the conference and received according to publication guidelines and timelines will be published in the conference Proceedings in the SPIE Digital Library.
- SPIE partners with relevant scientific databases to enable researchers to find the papers in the Proceedings of SPIE easily. The databases that abstract and index these papers include Astrophysical Data System (ADS), Chemical Abstracts (relevant content), Ei Compendex, CrossRef, Current Contents, DeepDyve, Google Scholar, Inspec, Portico, Scopus, SPIN, and Web of Science Conference Proceedings Citation Index.
Registration increases after
1 June 2017
18 Feburary 2017
On-site Manuscripts Due
15 April 2017
Post-meeting Manuscripts Due
(O3A Conference only)
27 May 2017
Sign up for event e-alerts