Congratulations on being accepted as a poster presenter! The poster session maximizes your opportunity to interact with Symposium participants.
Please read the following guidelines and information before you begin to create your poster presentation. Give considerable thought to the design and presentation of your poster to make sure that it stands out as an attractive and informative presentation. You want to be certain that the 'reader' of the poster comes away with a clear understanding of your research.
- 45 inches x 45 inches (114cm x 114cm). Push pins will be provided to hang your poster.
- Poster presentations are hard-copy (paper/poster) format only
- Posters must fit within the designated space listed above
- The most successful and attractive posters are graphically-produced posters that highlight and summarize the main points, with the poster presenter filling in the details
- The least effective poster format is a photocopy of the manuscript.
Your Poster Presentation Should Include:
- The paper title and all authors at the top of the poster
- A brief introduction, goals, experimental detail, conclusions, and references (make sure this information is presented in a logical and clear sequence)
- Explanations for graphs, pictures, and tables.
Font Sizes (suggested minimum)
- Title: 36 point type
- List of authors: 25 point type
- Double-spaced text: 15 point type
- The entire poster layout should be readable from six to ten feet away
- Be careful in your use of colors, some people are red-green color blind and some colors do not stand out in contrast to others.
New: QR Codes (optional)
- SPIE is promoting the idea of QR Codes for authors to incorporate into their posters
- This would allow you to add a 3D barcode readable by smartphones
- The barcode can be designed to link the person viewing your poster to a related video, your website, or your contact information
- Please use the following link to assist you with best practices and where you can begin:
- Poster presenters must set up their posters between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm on the day of their poster session.
- Poster presenters who would like to take advantage of daytime previewing from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm should set up their poster by 10:00 am.
- Poster presenters do not need to accompany their poster during daytime previewing hours. Poster presenters are required to attend the evening poster session to make their poster presentation.
- Paper numbers will be posted on the poster boards in numerical order; please find your poster number and set up your poster in the designated space.
- Presenters who have not set up their poster by 5:00 pm on the day of their presentation will be considered a "no show' and their manuscript will not be published.
- A poster author or coauthor is required to stand by the poster during the scheduled poster session to answer questions from attendees
- It is your responsibility to remove your poster at the end of the session
- Posters not removed will be considered unwanted and will be discarded.