Once onsite, conference chairs responsibilities include:
- Pick up their registration materials and chair packet at the Chair Registration Desk
- Check for any late program updates on the room sign outside of the meeting room
- Provide backup for session chairs and deal with any cancellation or no-shows
- Ensure that the session forms are returned to your Program Coordinator, the Registration Desk, Speaker Check-In, or the room monitor at the end of the conference. Authors will have been notified that SPIE enforces a no-present, no-publish policy, so it is very important that the session forms provided by SPIE be returned to us!
- Attend the planning meeting for next year's symposium.
If you are also Chairing a Session within the Conference, view the Session Chair guidelines within your specific meeting.