For information regarding entry into the United Kingdom please visit the UK Government Visas and Immigration website at https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration. If you determine that you will need a travel visa, we encourage you to begin the visa application process as soon as you receive notification of acceptance in the program.
Letter of Invitation
FOR CONFERENCE CHAIRS, TECHNICAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS, AND AUTHORS: Individuals requiring letters of invitation to obtain travel visas must be listed on a paper or in the program to receive an invitation letter. If you are listed in the conference program, and are in need of an Official Invitation Letter from SPIE for visa application purposes, please fill out and send the Invitation Letter Request Form.
FOR EXHIBITORS: If you are an exhibitor requiring a letter of invitation from SPIE to obtain a travel visa to participate in the Exhibition, please fill out and send the Exhibitor Invitation Letter Request Form.
- Please fill out a separate form for each person requesting a letter.
- Your name must be listed exactly as it appears on your passport. Any differences between the name on your passport and the name on your invitation letter or other documentation could lead to a delay and/or denial of your visa.
- Send electronically to email address on form or fax completed form to SPIE at 1-360-647-1445.
- All letters of invitation will be sent by mail and by email (as a PDF attachment) unless a courier account number or credit card number with expiration date is provided with the original request.
- Please allow up to 15 business days to process your request.
- For destinations world-wide the U.S. State Department recommends that travelers ensure their passport has at least six months of validity beyond their dates of international travel to avoid unintended disruptions. Passport validity requirements for destination countries, along with other important information, can be found on our Country Specific Information pages at www.travel.state.gov.
We recommend that you secure your travel visa before registering for the conference as cancellations after the preregistration cutoff may result in a cancellation fee.