Wecome to Portland, Oregon!
Follow this page all week for news and photos from the event!
The popular EAP-in-Action demonstration session will once again be a highlight at
SPIE Smart Structures/Nondestructive Evaluation, held this year at the
Portland (Oregon) Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel (above, scenes
from last year's event). A 3D Printing demonstration session
will be held as well, part of the Nano-, Bio-, and Info-Tech Sensors
and 3D Systems conference. Read details in the program online.
Hot topics, technology leaders
Among other highlights during the week, six plenary speakers will report on their latest work:
- David Hanson, Hanson Robotics Ltd., on EAP artificial muscle actuators for bio-inspired intelligent social robotics
- Chiara Daraio, California Institute of Technology, on plant nanobionic materials for thermally active, soft, artificial skins
- Victor Giurgiutiu, University of South Carolina, on predictive simulation of structural health monitoring
- James Hubbard, University of Maryland, College Park, on adaptive structures: a personal historical perspective
- Norbert Meyendorf, Iowa State University, on NDE for the 21st Century: industry 4.0 requires NDE 4.0
- David Ewins, Imperial College London, on smart structural dynamics strategy for testing tomorrow's structures.
Ants, bees, and octopuses: bioinspired robotics, drones, and smart structures
Temperature-sensitive technology for artificial skins: smart structures
Annual SPIE Smart Structures event moves to Oregon
Join the conversation:
25-29 March 2017
Portland, Oregon, USA
See reports, photos, and video
from last year's event