A prize for students in the field of photonics whose work relates to industry R&D will be awarded for the fourth time next year by the Research, Education and Training work group of the Photonics21 Technology Platform. The work group has announced a 20 January application deadline for the 2012 Photonics21 Student Innovation Award.
Created to promote research in photonics especially related to R&D with industrial impact, the award consists of a certificate, a cash prize of €5,000, and free registration to the Photonics21 Annual Meeting in Brussels on 27 and 28 of March.
Any person under 35 and active in the field of optics and photonics may apply for the Photonics21 Student Innovation Award.
The prize ceremony will take place during the Photonics21 Annual Meeting welcome reception.
Applicants must submit the following documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The completed application form (downloadable PDF version)
- One letter of support (by a supervisor or mentor)
- A two-page biography/CV
- A list of peer reviewed publications
- A description of the innovative R&D work (not exceeding four sides of an A4 page, using 12-point text), making clear the:
- Nature of innovation
- Potential impact to industry.
Complete rules for the Photonics21 Student Innovation Award can be found at www.photonics21.org/download/ph21_prizerules-final_2_.pdf.