The second round of SPIE Education Outreach Grant recipients has been announced.
Eleven SPIE Members from universities, optics centers, science centers, primary and secondary schools, industry associations, international optical societies, and other organizations gained support for their outreach efforts and potential to increase optics awareness.
The winners are:
· Matthew Weed, CREOL Association of Optics Students, Florida, USA
· Elena Silaeva, International Laser Center, MV Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russian Federation
· Donn Silberman, Optics Institute of Southern California, USA
· Pierre Chavel, Institut d'Optique Graduate School, France
· Stephen Jacobs, Rochester section of Optical Society of America, USA
· Aivars Vembris, Latvijas University, Riga, Latvia
· Diana Antonosyan, Institute for Physical Research, Yerevan State University, Armenia
· Judith Donnelly, Three Rivers Community College, Connecticut, USA
· Gabrielle Thériault, Université Laval SPIE Student Chapter, Québec, Canada
· Brooke Hester, University of Maryland SPIE Student Chapter, USA
· Ratchapat Rongsawat, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
The first round of 2009 grant recipients had 19 winners. Next year's deadlines for applications are 15 January and 31 May. More information: spie.org/outreach.