BELLINGHAM, WA, USA -- The 2010 SPIE Society election will be held from 2 June to 16 July. Eligible members will receive an e-mail message with instructions on the electronic voting process.
On the ballot for the 2011 term are officer candidates:
· Eustace Dereniak, College of Optical Sciences, Univ of Arizona (USA)
· William H. Arnold, ASML US Inc (USA)
· John M. Pellegrino, US Army Research Lab (USA)
· Brian Lula, PI (Physik Instrumente) LP (USA)
On the ballot for the 2011-2013 term are Director candidates:
· Michael A. Fiddy, Univ of North Carolina at Charlotte (USA)
· Peter Hartmann, SCHOTT AG (Germany)
· Joseph M. Howard, NASA Goddard Space Flight Ctr (USA)
· Jim Oschmann, Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp (USA)
· José R. Salcedo, Multiwave Photonics (Portugal)
· Kenneth W. Tobin, Oak Ridge National Lab (USA)
· Lisa M. Tsufura, CVI Melles Griot (USA)
· Toyohiko Yatagai, Utsunomiya Univ (Japan)
A candidate for SPIE Officer or Director must be a member in good standing of SPIE; normally have significant leadership experience with the Society (i.e., committee membership, chairing of conferences or committees, involvement in SPIE student activities, or a combination of these activities); or internationally recognized background in a new technology area of significant interest to SPIE.
The SPIE nominating committee is always accepting recommendations for the election slate. Directors, who serve a three-year term, are expected to attend and participate in three board meetings each year. To make a recommendation, or for more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a paragraph stating why the person is qualified to serve.
SPIE the international society for optics and photonics, was founded in 1955 to advance light-based technologies. Serving more than 188,000 constituents from 138 countries, the Society advances emerging technologies through interdisciplinary information exchange, continuing education, publications, patent precedent, and career and professional growth. SPIE annually organizes and sponsors approximately 25 major technical forums, exhibitions, and education programs in North America, Europe, Asia, and the South Pacific, and supports scholarships, grants, and other education programs around the world.
# # # #
SPIE Media Relations Coordinator
Tel +1 360 685 5458