BELLINGHAM, Washington, USA -- Abstracts for papers on new research in optical techniques and tools for biomedical imaging and diagnostics are being accepted through 17 December for the European Conferences on Biomedical Optics (ECBO) 2011.
ECBO will be held 22-26 May in Munich in conjunction with Laser World of Photonics.
The call for papers is available online at www.spie.org/biomedical-optics-europe.xml.
General Chairs are Christoph Hizenberger (Medical Univ. of Vienna) and Brian Pogue (Dartmouth Univ). Program chairs are Peter Andersen (Risø National Lab) and Irene Georgakoudi (Tufts Univ.).
Seven conferences are being organized, with the common theme of employing optics as a tool or solution in medical diagnostics, therapeutics, or clinical work. Topics and chairs are:
- Advanced Microscopy Techniques; Peter So (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) and Emmanuel Beaurepaire (Ecole Polytechnique)
- Clinical and Biomedical Spectroscopy and Imaging; Nirmala Ramanujam (Duke Univ.) and Jürgen Popp (Institut für Photonische Technologien)
- Diffuse Optical Imaging; Andreas Hielscher (Columbia Univ.) and Paola Taroni (Politecnico di Milano)
- Molecular Imaging; Charles Lin (Wellman Ctr. for Photomedicine) and Vasilis Ntziachristos (Helmholtz Zentrum München)
- Novel Biophotonic Techniques and Applications; Henricus Sterenborg (Erasmus Univ. Medical Center) and I. Alex Vitkin (Univ. of Toronto)
- Optical Coherence Tomography and Coherence Techniques; Rainer Leitgeb (Medizinische Univ. Wien) and Brett Bouma (Massachusetts General Hospital)
- Medical Laser Applications and Laser-Tissue Interactions; Ronald Sroka (Ludwig-Maximilians-Univ. München) and Lothar Lilge (Ontario Cancer Institute).
The biennial meeting is jointly sponsored by SPIE and The Optical Society (OSA), and in 2011 will be held in cooperation with DGLM (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Lasermedizin).
ECBO is to be co-located at Laser World of Photonics along with SPIE Optical Metrology and meetings organized by WLT (Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft Lasertechnik), EOS (European Optical Society), OSA, IEEE/LEOS, and EPS (European Physical Society).
Accepted papers will be published in the SPIE Digital Library as soon as approved after the meeting, and in print volumes and digital collections.
Public Relations Manager
Tel: +1 360 685 5478