This short course introduces the field of interferometric optical testing. Topics covered include basic interferometers for optical testing, and concepts of phase-shifting interferometry including error analysis. Long wavelength interferometry, testing of aspheric surfaces, measurement of surface microstructure, and the state-of-the-art of direct phase measurement interferometers are also discussed.
- explain the basic concepts of interferometric optical testing
- describe the power, capabilities, and limitations of phase-shifting interferometry
- describe techniques, advantages, and disadvantages of long-wavelength interferometry
- compare different aspheric testing techniques
- list capabilities and techniques for measuring surface microstructure
- describe the current state-of-the-art of direct phase measurement interferometers